Jack

Jack

Monday, September 25, 2023

So I Need A Valve Job...

 And it ain't on my car, it's in better health than I am.

Nope, turns out I was born with bifurcated heart valves instead of the standard trifurcated ones, and need 2-3 heart valves replaced. Even more fun, my cardiac surgeon rated me as having 'Critical Aortic Stenosis'. It's lately made itself known in the form of heart palpitations, shortness of breath, fatigue, etc.

Bleah.

Even MORE fun--before I have open heart surgery, I have several medical/dental procedures that MUST be done prior to my heart surgery in order to get me healthy enough for heart surgery.

Procedures that will come to around $5000, and naturally, my insurance won't cover. Classic American health care.

And none of this can wait. Time is of the essence and this is literally a life or death issue for me.

So I've started a GoFundMe. If you enjoy my blog, Chickam, my Random Act of Kindness 'Found Origami' project, or want to support my aspirations to become a published author, please consider helping me out.

Any donations are GREATLY appreciated, as is folks spreading the word.

Go here for the gory details: 

Susan Needs A Valve Job!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Please feel free to leave me a comment!