Jack

Jack

Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Lockdown!

 ...for eggs, that is.

Now we just wait three days...or less! I candled the eggs again and pulled 3 late quitters: #19, 20 & 26. Two others I'm not sure of, but left in: #17 & 27. That leaves us with 11 eggs with good, solid chicks inside! I tried to place the eggs so we can see the numbers, but they're uncooperative!

 

Spork's (#6) egg is in the center at the very back, Sesame's (#7) front right, Brick's (#4) in the middle.

#1 (front & center) and #3 (in back, far left) are the eggs we got from our local friend.

No pips, peeping or rocking yet! I'm still venting the incubator 5x a day, I talk to them and will watch for any developments. 

This will be our 15th year of doing Chickam--kinda funny, because the first time we did it, it was a spur of the moment, "We're gonna do this for a lark" thing that was supposed to be a one-time deal. We didn't really think it'd catch on.

We were wrong, LOL.

The hatch is due 4/8, you can watch it at the link below--as always, start checking the YouTube page a day early (banty eggs LOVE to hatch early, the little beggars), If you see EGGS, the hatch has begun! My money for 'First to pip' is on the two bantam eggs, #4 & 17.

Watch the hatch on YouTube here!

EDIT: 4/5 10:30PM, #11 and #24 have pipped!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Please feel free to leave me a comment!