Jack

Jack

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Delinquents In The High Sierras

So the other day I looked out my den window and noticed these two, being very pastoral and nibbling on the purple-flowering plant at the base of my mailbox.

Which is cool, because that plant is a volunteer that thrives on neglect, tough as nails and comes back on its own after winter. I have no worries and at any rate, I'm willing to give up a little foliage for the sake of our local deer. Up until about a week ago, these two were hanging out with a buck and two does, they'd roam up and down the street. Last time I amused myself giving my husband a play-by-play as they stood at the other end of our fence, very interested in our neighbor's truck--I kept saying they were gonna steal it and go joy riding.


But then...

One of them started eyeing my car! Criminy, those little juvenile deliquents are gonna boost my car!

Luckily, they decided against it--trucks are more butch, I guess--and continued on, no doubt looking for someone who had foolishly left their keys in the ignition.

But if the radio goes missing next week, I know who to blame.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Please feel free to leave me a comment!