Jack

Jack

Saturday, June 11, 2022

Is That REALLY How You Sleep?

Yes. Yes it is. All seven of them, ignoring the perfectly good roost across the top of the brooder box, or even the edge of the box itself.

Oh, no. Instead, everyone cram onto the top of the too-small wire cage we placed because they kept walking across the laptop and changing the settings. The final straw was when we went out and discovered a pop-up asking if we were sure we wanted to reformat something or other. Once they started roosting here at night, we placed an old towel to protect the laptop from being pooped to death.


And yes, this IS how Bu Lu sleeps.

Tomorrow will be the final day of Chickam for this year. The kid and I will get fresh chick pics to post here, then they get booted out into the flock. No overt roosters so far...

Then I've got my work cut out for me digging into my equipment to figure out what went wrong with our hatch so it doesn't happen again.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Please feel free to leave me a comment!