Jack

Jack

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Um...Well...OK, Me Too!

So the kid and I were watching the last part of John Carpenter's 'The Thing' on TV today--she LOVES horror & sci-fi flicks and isn't afraid of anything--and were watching the part where the monster kind of erupts into a gross conglomeration of every creature it's absorbed.

As a skinned dog's head erupts from inside the monster and turns it's horrifying, slavering jaws towards the camera, she turns to me and says offhandedly, "If I had a dog, I wouldn't keep him in my stomach. I'd put him on a leash and take him for walks!"

I just stared at her, unable to come up with anything other than, "Uh...me, too.". The kid handles horror movies MUCH better than I ever did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Please feel free to leave me a comment!