Jack

Jack

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Here We Go Again...

It's been a couple of years since we hatched baby chickens and I couldn't resist any longer, so I dusted off the incubator. The candidates to choose from:



...and the final group, 45 assorted eggs:

If I was sure of the mom, I wrote their name on their eggs. The green and blue ones are various Americaunas/Americaunas mix eggs, the small ones are bantam eggs, white ones are Polish, the large brown ones Buff Orpington, New Hampshire and Kriaenkoppe eggs, 45 eggs total. The 'X' marks are a marker they all get, an X on one side and a O on the other, so you can tell at a glance at egg turning time (three times a day) which ones you have turned and which you haven't.

In three weeks I'll post pictures of the hatch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Please feel free to leave me a comment!