Jack

Jack

Friday, October 26, 2007

More Kidisms...

My daughter brought home a little rubber bat toy from school today, a gift from her teacher. We had stopped at Target to do some shopping on the way home, and entered the house laden with a gift for one of the two birthday parties she is attending tomorrow and enough Halloween candy to choke a ghost (see what I did there?).

We offload the trick-or-treat supplies in the kitchen and N. dashes off to the bathroom. After she comes out and is chattering away at her daddy, it's my turn in there. Suddenly I hear a voice outside the door.

Anxiously: "Mom, did I leave my bat in there?"

I look around and don't see it right away. "Uhhhh... let me check." I finally find it, lying flat on the counter, oddly enough it's hidden under one of the hairbrushes. I exit and give it to her. "Why was he under a hairbrush...?

She grabs the bat and runs off to show it to her father. "So he wouldn't peek at me while I went potty!"

Of course. Why didn't I think of that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Please feel free to leave me a comment!