Jack

Jack

Thursday, April 19, 2018

HOLY CRAP!

So the kid just got home from her volunteer job at a local thrift store, she has to perform 20 hours of community service to qualify for the Nevada Promise program (2 free years of college, baby!).

She bought something. I know this is true because my husband walks in and says she bought something. In kind of a warning tone. Also, he's smirking.
OK, I say, where is it?
He says, SHE HAS TO GO BACK OUT TO THE CAR TO GET IT, IT'S BIG. AND HEAVY.
*insert Holy Crap Moment here*
*also insert maniacal laughter from the kid*
*GoTo HolyCrap*
Next thing I hear as I make my way out to the living room to see what the Hell this thing is, is Blossom the househen who is NOT PLEASED and is LOUDLY vocalizing as such.
I continue and round the corner...
"HOLY CRAP!"
Apparantly it's my new favorite phrase, at least for today.


Yeah, the kid had gone shopping. This damned thing is as tall as I am. I realize that ain't saying much...but lordy. I can't imagine how much real estate getting rid of this thing freed up at the store.

And yeah, OF COURSE we showed it to the chicks.

...who couldn't care less.

Blossom the housechicken, she of the broken toe--SHE cared when the thing first came through the door.
WHAT IS THAT THING AND WHY IS IT IN MY HOU--

...Oh look, chicken food!
After this all interest was lost in their distant relative who has come to live with us in our house. Forever.

Wow.
That's a looong time, forever.
Maybe I just won't go in the kid's room any more.

Meanwhile, the baby chicks have decided to pose like little feathered delinquents as they finalize their plan to use the cinder block/camera setup to escape the box.
I mean, if you came across a group of human kids lounging SO purposefully nonchalantly, you'd mutter, "Juvenile delinquents..." and get the Hell outta there, yes?

Next I fully expect to find 'Fuck The PoPo' and 'JETS' written on the side of the box...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Please feel free to leave me a comment!