Jack

Jack

Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Howlaween!

This year our little werewolf is evolving!


The furry sleeves were easy enough to sew and are elasticized at the top, the handpaws I made from a pair of white knit gloves and added paw pads ("Human ones, mom!"  "Huh...?"  More than just 4 pads, more like finger paw pads, you know?  "Oh. Okay, got it.").  The plastic claws were painted black, then I just snipped a tiny hole in the end of each glove finger, pushed the claw through from the inside out and hot glued it in place.  More fur hot glued to the tops of the glove makes them furry while still being able to use your hands.

Because long about midnight on Halloween Eve, the culmination of working with monsterous fluff-producing fun fur for three days pretty much ceases to be any fun whatsoever, the articulated mask was purchased (I'm not out to lose my sanity, after all).  Watching the thing move when she talks pretty much makes me giggle every time.


Because masks aren't allowed at school, for school she simply wore her little ears.  The vest may come into play tonight since it's supposed to get down into the low 30's.


At any rate, the kid is happy and looking forward to trick or treating with her friends tonight!

Update:  It was really dark tonight with no moon tonight and -zero- street lighting.  The costume was great, except about 30 minutes into trick-or-treating, she had to ditch the mask. When I asked her why, she said:  "I ran into a mailbox."

I couldn't help it, I laughed.  Bad mom.  BAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Please feel free to leave me a comment!