Jack

Jack

Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween, With All Sorts Of Horrors!

Early in the day, while driving around I'd spotted a curbside find and decided that it was perfect to remake into roosts for the chickens!  Yay for curbside scores!

And the chickens NEED something to make them happy right now, lordy.  It's molting season and a bunch of them are right little freaks at the moment.

Sonic is especially humorless, poor pincushion.  This is the 'Pick me up and DIE' look.

When I'd first spotted her I'd involuntarily screamed  'Oh, my God!' a bit.



Since we never get any kids coming trick or treating around here, we all three felt free to zombie up and go prowl the neighborhoods in town where everyone ends up.  I spent about an hour on the kid getting her all pretty.  Three different kinds of blood for proper zombie shading!  She felt free to ham it up for the pictures.


The squinky eye was her idea.

The makeup looked a whole lot better at night, but next year I'm going to have to construct some new latex wounds, the ones we have I made about 6 years ago and they're wearing out.  Before we left to go zombie shambling, we had to herd the chickens into the coop early since it wasn't dark yet.  They did NOT appreciate being chased around by zombies, and I can't even imagine what the Hell the neighbors must have thought.  The kid's boyfriend came along with us again this year, the running joke she had that night was to grab him and groan 'Braaaiiinnsssss!' Then stop and tell him never mind, he was safe.

I had great fun lurching after unsuspecting teens and kids.  Kids never expect a parent to dress up like that, smear themselves with fake gore and then slow-speed-chase them down the street.  They get very unnerved, it's great.  After we had our fill and things wound down, we further entertained ourselves by stopping by Burger King and going inside to grab dinner.

At least the weather cooperated and waited until we got home to start raining!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Please feel free to leave me a comment!