Jack

Jack

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Uhhh...

I think I'm dead, or should be.

Gotta say this graph from our local Air Quality Index station at a park about 1/2 a block from our house, according to http://nvair.ndep.nv.gov/ showing our air quality from 8/22 to today, is one of the scariest things I've ever seen.

According to this, on the 22nd, when I took the pictures of the yard I posted, our air quality went from 13 at 11AM, to 31 at noon, to 201 at 1PM, then ROCKETED to 985 at 2PM, staying there for 5 hours before dropping to the still-insane-but-better reading of 228.

After experiencing it that day, and the subsequent choking levels of our air, I'm tending towards believing it. Other highlights include AQI readings: 8/23 336, 8/24 355 and 8/25 427.

Right now we have a reading of 343.

Anything over 300 is classified as 'Hazardous', the worst category for air quality there is. I feel like I'm living in Beijing.

Meanwhile, the chickens are STILL in the house, and no one is happy about it.  Sonic has actually taken to camping out in the big metal feeder, where she can eat unmolested to her heart's content....

...and even laid an egg in there before she left!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Please feel free to leave me a comment!