Jack

Jack

Friday, June 14, 2013

I'm...I...I'm DONE?!

So another day of raking up juniper branches, picking up trash...and suddenly we look around and realize...

...we're done.

It takes a minute for this to sink in and for us to realize it's true. The branches and trash are cleaned up and gone. Granted, we still have a bunch of juniper stumps to dig out, my pond I want to install, the sprinklers to repair and the yard to replant since it it now pretty much a blank canvas, but the major cleanup is done!

Trash Lasagne by the back door? Gone.


Chicken coop and the rest of the property is visible! I'm pretending not to see the work still to be done beyond the fence, for now. I think my brain would crack if I thought about it too much. One hurdle at a time.




Surviving cypress plants thinned out and being suffered to live as possible cover for the chickens for now.




None of the juniper stumps greened up once we cut them back, lucky for them.



There DOES still remain the gigantic old concrete posthole next to one of the big stumps to remove, though.


I figure it'll be some time in 2040 before I stop gnashing my teeth and cursing the previous tenants of this place. Especially since I realized that it has been a solid year since we started the work on this part of the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Please feel free to leave me a comment!